It is time-consuming and often forgotten by accountants. To prevent something like this, you can use the QuickBooks Memorized Transaction feature. This is one of the most notable features that allows you to set reminders for appropriate transactions.
In today’s blog, we will talk about the complete functionality of this feature. Whether you want to create a transaction or modify it to your liking, we will guide you through the process. You can rely on QuickBooks Tech Support for all types of errors or queries related to QuickBooks. Our team has the best footing to ensure hassle-free accounting for our customers.
QuickBooks Memorized Transaction – Useful Features
We made use of this use on our accounting software and found the following benefits that could be useful for your business as well: –
- It is a Time-Saving Solution
- Eliminates Mistakes
- Improves Accounting Accuracy and Exactness
- Allows you to memorize: –
- Sales and Purchase Orders
- Journal Entries
- Vendor Bills
- Customer Invoices
- Credit Card Charges
Creating a QuickBooks Memorized Transaction: Step-by-Step
Like many alternatives to QuickBooks Online, this feature is a savior for accountants and business owners out there. Here’s how you can make it:
Step 1: – Enter the transaction correctly how you want to remember it without saving it.
Note: Some areas may require changes, leave them blank. You can enter the amount or figure later.
Step 2: – Now, choose the Memrise option from the Edit menu.
Step 3: – Choose a specific name for the transaction and then enter it. To manage the transaction you will get the following options, choose them as per your choice: –
Add to my reminder list: This option allows you to add transactions to the reminder list. Once you use the option, you will be able to edit the section for how many times.
Remind Me Not: By using this option, the transaction will not be saved or automatically added to the Reminders list. This allows you to use the ‘required’ template for recurring transactions.
Automatic Transaction Entry: Transaction will be recorded automatically once it occurs. After selecting this option, be sure to use the ‘How often’ and ‘Next date’ fields. The next date should be a date in the future.
Step 4: – Remember to type other important information in the transaction window. Then, click on the OK option to complete the process.
Step 5: – If you want to enter the transaction for future use only, choose a clear button and close the window. But, if you want to record a missed transaction, you need to select the Save and Close option respectively.
Updating a Memorized Transaction in QuickBooks
- From the list menu, you need to select the missed transaction list.
- Then, double click on the transaction of your choice.
- You will be able to edit it according to your needs.
- Then, click on Save and Close.
- Finally, click the Next button to proceed and enter the transaction.
Create QuickBooks Memorized Transactions Group and Adding Transactions
Sometimes, you may want to group similar kinds of transactions together. For that, you need to follow these steps: –
- The first step is to select the memorized transactions from the Lost menu.
- Then, select the New Group option from the pop-up menu that appears.
- Type the group name in the text box, and then choose the Date and Actions option.
- Finally, click on the OK option to complete the process.
After a group is created, you may want to add a new transaction to it. Whenever needed, use these steps: –
- First, open the transaction you want to remember.
- Then, choose the Memrise option and choose the Add to Group option.
- Now, enter the group name where you want to add it.
- Finally, click the OK button to save the steps.
Deleting or Modifying a Memorized Transaction
There will be times when you will want to make changes or delete QuickBooks Memorized Transaction. In case of such a situation, follow these steps: –
- Open the missed list of transactions.
- Second, choose the Edit button.
- After modifying the transaction, be sure to click on the Memrise option.
So, it was the whole process of using the memorized transaction feature. If any of the steps are not clear, you can leave a comment below. In addition, you can dial our QuickBooks Support toll-free number and talk to one of our professionals for proper guidance. For regular updates and error resolution techniques.