Selena Gomez is most known as a talented celebrity from Texas, USA. She is famous in television, music, and movies. The popular American singer has floored us with her voice and the adorable face.
One of the most beautiful women was born on July 22, 1992, in Grand Prairie, Texas. She is also working as a producer and philanthropist, who gives a lot of money and effort for charity.
She is the daughter of American actor Mandy Teefey and Actor Ricardo Gomez. Her mother is of Italian ancestry, and her father is of Mexican descent.
Selena’s first Debut was ‘Stars Dance’ in 2013.
Gomez moved to Los Angeles, California when she booked the lead role of “Alex Russo” and rose to fame in the Disney Channel series Wizards of Waverly Place (2007).
Gomez’s career started when she got a role in a popular Disney family sitcom. After that, she got several roles on television and in movies, including Harmony Korine’s “Spring Breakers”. She started her own music band that recorded three albums in 2009.
In 2013, she debuted with her first solo album and then she focused mostly on music.
She appeared in Hannah Montana and in a number of other TV shows and movies. She even tapped into serious movies with one of her first major roles in Spring Breakers by Harmony Korine. She also got the main role in “The Getaway” and some episodic and minor roles in other movies.
On May 14, 2019, the film ‘The Dead Don’t Die’ was released in the United States and on July 12, 2019, in the United Kingdom.
In 2009, she debuted in the music industry the first album of her band Selena Gomez & the Scene. which ranked #9 on the Billboard 200 album charts. In later Gomez released two other albums with her band. She released the pop album, Kiss, & Tell in 2009. After that, her career rocketed and she released her first solo album in 2013.
At the age of 16, she was signed to a recording contract with the Hollywood Records label, which had already signed both Miley Cyrus and American singer Demi Lovato.
Selena is the youngest UNICEF(United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund) ambassador ever and generous philanthropist. It was established on 11 December 1946 by the United Nations She joined this organization in 2009.
She gave lots of effort and money into charity and fights against poverty and discrimination of all sorts. For example, she helped to fight violence against women in Congo.
Selena Gomez’s net worth is estimated to be $60 million dollars as of 2019. Her source of wealth is a professional actress and singer.
At the age of 26, has already built an incredible high net worth. She makes her money on music sales, concerts, promotions, and posting sponsored content.
Place of living: Popular celebrity Gomez lives in California. There, she owns two luxurious houses (around $3 million worth).
Cars: She drives Ford Escape and also a scooter
Most famous movies
- Another Cinderella Story
- Princess Protection Program
- Monte Carlo
- Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie
- The Wizards Return: Alex vs. Alex
- Ramona and Beezus
- Spring Breakers
- Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over
- Hotel Transylvania
- What’s Stevie Thinking?
Top 10 Billboard Hits
- “Round & Round”
- “I Want You To Know”
- “Slow Down”
- “Who Says”
- “Same Old Love”
- “The Heart Wants What It Wants”
- “Love You Like A Love Song”
- “Come & Get It”
- “Good For You”
- Selene’s name means “Goddess of the moon.”
- In July 2012, Selena launched her own line of perfumes called “Selena Gomez” and it is an all-exclusive to Macy’s.
- Selena was chosen for the cover girl of Elle Magazine in the July 2012 issue.
- She has a celebrity crush on Logan Lerman.
- Selena Loves to drink alcohol.
- Gomez dated Nick Jonas in 2008. She appeared in Jonas brothers’ band music video for “Burnin’ Up”.
- she has a huge Crush On Shia Labeouf.
- Her parents divorced when Gomez was five years old.
- At the age of 7, She got a debut in children’s television series “Barney and Friends.”
- when she was 12 Years Old, she did her first kiss with Dylan Sprouse.
- In 2009, Selena has become a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador, the youngest one in the history of the organization.
- She became a Producer When She Opened her production house- ‘July Moon Productions’ in 2008.
- She opened her clothing line ‘Dream Out Loud’ in 1020, which uses eco- friendly materials.
- Selena has four dogs, which are either adopted or rescued.