QuickBooks printing error is a common problem that arises while printing invoices or PDFs. If you’re looking for a proper solution for this issue, our blog is just right for you. We will provide you with 4 simple solutions to get rid of QuickBooks PDF printing problems so that your workflow is not affected.
Encountering these issues may lead to problems like – failure to send forms, unable to use PDF converter, printer library not working and so on. However, with the help of QuickBooks print and PDF repair tools, you can easily remove these problems. You can get detailed guidance for using these tools by our experts. Just make use of our QuickBooks Tech Support number and we’ll connect you with a professional right away.
What Causes QuickBooks Print Issues?
There are several reasons why QuickBooks printing problems occur. Some of the major causes include –
- Missing or incompatible printer drivers
- Limited folder access permission to the QuickBooks application.
- A firewall or Antivirus application is disrupting the print procedure.
- Improper installation of MSXML.
- XPS Documents Writer doesn’t have the appropriate Windows User Access Authorization.
- Disabled or damaged XPS service.
Essential Solutions to Eliminate QuickBooks PDF Printing Problems
QuickBooks print issues are quite annoying. To get rid of them, you can use the below-mentioned solutions.
Solution 1: Make Use of the QuickBooks PDF and Print Repair Tool
- Check whether your QuickBooks software is updated to its latest version before using the tool.
- In the QuickBooks Tools Hub, click on Program Problems.
- Then, click and run the QuickBooks Desktop Print and PDF repair tool.
- The process will begin as soon as you click Run
- Now, try to email, print or save as PDF from your accounting tool.
Solution 2: Verify to Status of the Reconcile Window
In case your accounting software does not work even after choosing Reconcile from the banking menu, but the PDF work is working; this means that the Reconcile window is off.
- Select the window menu and go through the list to check whether your Reconcile window is recorded.
- Then, close all and start the reconciliation once more
Solution 3: Readjust your Temporary Folder Permissions
Resetting or adjusting the folder permission is one of the most effective ways to remove QuickBooks print error. To check the current permission status of the temp folder, use these steps:-
- In the RUN window, type %Temp% and hit enter
- Now you need to click on an empty area and when the menu comes up, simply click on Properties
- Then, switch to the Security tab
- It is important that you verify all the groups and names visible under the tab have full access or control.
- Once you have set all the permissions to full, make an attempt to save the PDF again and the issue will hopefully be resolved.
Solution 4: Make Changes to the XPS Document Writer
This solution is quite lengthy and would take more time than any of the above-mentioned solutions:-
Step 1: Evaluate the XPS Document Writer through a Third-Party Software
- From the File menu and choose the Print option
- Now, select the XPS document writer from the printers list and then click on Print.
- Save the XPS file on the desktop of your computer
- Once save, double-check the desktop to see if the file is visible on the desktop or not.
Step 2: Uninstall and Install the XPS Microsoft Document Writer
- A) First, verify if the XPS service is enabled
- Use the Windows and E keys on your keyboard to open the explorer window
- Go the top left corner, click on Tab
- In the System Group, click on Change or Uninstall a Program
- Then, click on the turn windows features off/on visible on the left.
- Move down and check if the XPS viewer and services are enabled or not
- B) Reinstall the XPS Writer Document
The steps for reinstalling are different for Windows 7/Vista and Windows 10 users.
Windows 7/ Vista:
- Select Devices and Printers from the Start Menu or type in the search bar.
- Choose the XPS Document Writer icon and then select Remove device.
- Then, click on the Yes option.
- From the toolbar, choose the Add a Printer and then select the Add a Local Printer option.
- Now select the option – Use an already existing/available port.
- Then select XPS Port and choose Next
- From the manufacturer list, select Microsoft, followed by clicking on Microsoft XPS Document Writer v4.
- Then, click on Next
- Select Replace the present driver option and choose Next
For Windows 10:
- Open the Start screen by moving the mouse in the lower or upper right side corner.
- From the Settings menu, choose Control Panel and select the Printers and Devices option.
- As soon as you see the Microsoft XPS Document Writer icon, click on the Remove option to uninstall it.
- Then, Click on the Yes button to Confirm.
- From the toolbar, choose the Add a printer option and then add a local printer or manual print with settings (manual)
- Then select PORTPROMPT – from ‘use an already existing port’ option
- Click Next and when the manufacturer list options come up, choose Microsoft > Microsoft XPS Document Writer v4.
- Once again click on Next and then replace the existing driver and click Next
- In the Printer Name field, remove “v4” and make sure that the name appears as Microsoft XPS Document Writer.
- Choose Finish (before that, uncheck the default printer box for XPS writer document)
Step 3: Edit or Make Changes to the XPS Document Writer’s Windows User Permissions
In case you are a Windows user and you don’t have the permit to print the XPS document writer, at that point QuickBooks won’t have the option to make the .XPS file that can be converted to a PDF file. For this situation, you have to sign in with the admin right to change the permissions.
- In the Control Panel click on Printers
- Right-Click on the PS document and select the printer properties for windows vista or 8
- Choose Security
- Select the – Everyone user group.
- In case you cannot find the options, then click on the ADD button and enter everyone in the blank field. Then, select check names and click on OK.
- Move to the Allow column and click on – Print and OK.
- Go to the C Drive in Windows Explorer
- Choose Printers and Select Properties
- Then, click on Security > Edit > Add
- Type or enter Local Service and Hit Enter
- Make sure that local service has complete control and click ok
- Open your QuickBooks and try creating a file.
Step 4: Adjust the software security settings
Make sure that the software security settings have not blocked XPS files and they are enabled.
In case it is blocked, you need to enable it. For detailed assistance regarding this QuickBooks print error resolution step, connect with our experts.
Step 5: Repair and Install MSXML 6.0
MSXML 6.0 is an essential part of system requirements and is known as one of the Microsoft Windows components.
- You can repair MSXML 6.0 by running the System File Checker.
- Click on Windows Start and choose Accessories from all Programs.
- Open Command Prompt and select the Run as Admin option.
- If you are asked for an admin password, just type the password and don’t forget to click on Allow.
- After that, type – sfc/scannow.
Step 6: Make a New Template
A damaged template can also cause QuickBooks PDF printing problems.
- Simply make a new template for your form.
- Change the transaction template.
- After that, create a PDF.
- Now open the Printers Control Panel in Windows.
- Select Printer Properties or Properties (depends on which Windows version you use) by Right-clicking the XPS Document Writer
- Then, go to the – Advanced tab and select Print Directly to Printer.
- Save all the changes by closing the Properties windows and clicking OK.
We hope these solutions help you get rid of QuickBooks printing problems. In case the issue still persists, get in touch with our expert team through our QuickBooks desktop phone number.